Last Updated:February 17, 2026, 18:27 IST
Senior counsel appearing for Priya Kapur argued that Mandhira had uploaded and circulated content on social media with the intent to tarnish her reputation.

Mandhira Kapur alleged that her mother had signed several documents which, she said, should be returned to her. (File)
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday ordered late industrialist Sunjay Kapur’s wife, Priya Kapur, and sister Mandhira Kapur Smith to refrain from making public statements against each other amid an escalating defamation dispute.
While hearing a civil suit filed by Priya Kapur, who has accused her sister-in-law of running a continuous and defamatory campaign against her through podcasts, interviews, social media posts and other public statements, Justice Mini Pushkarna emphasised the need for dignity and decorum given the nature of the dispute, and said, “Both parties are directed to exercise restraint in making statements on each other, directly or indirectly," news agency PTI reported.
The high court also issued summons to Mandhira Kapur Smith and podcast host Pooja Chaudhri in the matter and listed the case for further hearing in May.
In her lawsuit, Priya Kapur alleged that within days of Sunjay Kapur’s death, his sister “embarked upon a systematic and organised course of conduct" to malign and socially discredit her.
According to the suit, the alleged defamatory statements falsely accused her of dishonesty, moral impropriety, professional incompetence, concealment of assets and illegitimate assumption of corporate control. The plea further claimed that such content was deliberately published and amplified through the podcast ‘InControversial with Pooja Chaudhri’, causing serious harm to her reputation, dignity, privacy and mental peace.
Senior counsel appearing for Priya Kapur argued that Mandhira had uploaded and circulated content on social media with the intent to tarnish her reputation. The suit sought a permanent injunction restraining the defendants from publishing any further content against her, removal of existing material, an unconditional public apology and damages of Rs 20 crore.
On the other hand, counsel for Mandhira Kapur Smith told the court that there was a “concerted media vilification campaign" against her as well.
Sunjay Kapur passed away on June 12 last year after collapsing during a polo match in England. He reportedly suffered a sudden cardiac arrest.
Priya Kapur has also filed a criminal defamation case against Mandhira Smith before a trial court.
(With inputs from agencies)
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A newsletter with the best of our journalism
First Published:
February 17, 2026, 18:27 IST
News india 'Conduct Yourselves With Dignity': Court Asks Sunjay Kapur's Wife, Sister To Exercise Restraint
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Read More
.png)
2 hours ago
23




English (US) ·