Katseye's Manon to take 'temporary hiatus' to focus on health

2 hours ago 22

Getty Images Six-member girl group Katseye in black, yellow and green outfits at the Grammy Awards.Getty Images

Katseye performed at the 2026 Grammy Awards, where they were nominated for best new artist

Katseye member Manon Bannerman is taking a temporary break to focus on her health and wellbeing, the group has announced.

The 23-year-old Swiss singer told fans she was "healthy" and "taking care of myself," adding: "Sometimes things unfold in ways we don't fully control, but I'm trusting the bigger picture."

The six-member girl group, formed in 2023, said the decision had been made following "open and thoughtful conversations together".

The announcement comes weeks after Katseye performed at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, where they were nominated for best new artist and best pop duo/group performance for their song, Gabriela.

"Thank you for standing by me," Bannerman wrote on Katseye's WeVerse fandom page on Friday. "I love you endlessly and can't wait to see you again."

In a statement on WeVerse shared by their label, HYBE and Geffen Records, the group said: "We fully support this decision. Katseye remains committed to showing up for one another and for the fans who mean everything to us."

Katseye confirmed they would continue scheduled performances during Bannerman's absence and "look forward to being together again when the time is right".

No timeline has been given for her return.

Getty Images Close up of Manon Bannerman posing for a photo. She has long, black, curly hair and is wearing a jewelled necklace.Getty Images

Bannerman reassured fans that she was "healthy" and taking care of herself

The group - which also includes Daniela Avanzini, Lara Raj, Megan Skiendiel, Sophia Laforteza and Yoonchae Jeung - was formed during the 2023 reality competition series The Debut: Dream Academy.

They released their first single in June 2024 with the song Debut and have since released two EPs, SIS (Soft is Strong) and Beautiful Chaos, alongside a string of singles.

The group has previously spoken about the pressures of their rapid global rise to fame and the online scrutiny that has accompanied it.

"I try to tell myself it doesn't matter, but if 1,000 people are sending you death threats, it's jarring," Lara Raj told the BBC.

Raj said people see the band as "women to rank," calling it "so dystopian".

Bannerman added that it was "very terrorising on the mind".


Read Entire Article