![]()
Delhi on alert: An intelligence alert has been issued following inputs warning of a possible terror threat in the national capital. Intelligence inputs accessed by Times Now indicate that key religious sites, including the Red Fort area in Delhi, remain on the target list of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
These inputs suggest that the terror outfit is reportedly seeking to avenge the February 6 blast at a mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, and may be planning a major terror strike in India, the Times Now report said. Additionally, inputs suggest that a temple in the Chandni Chowk area could be targeted by terrorists.
Intelligence sources indicate that Lashkar-e-Taiba is allegedly plotting an IED attack. Sources further suggest that prominent temples across the country could be on LeT's radar, the report added.
In November last year, a high-intensity explosion ripped through a slow-moving car at a traffic signal near the Red Fort metro station, killing at least 13 people and gutting several vehicles.
More than 20 people, including two women, were injured in the blast that took place on a busy November 10, 2025, evening when the area was milling with people. The injured were taken to the LNJP Hospital, a few kilometres away.
The blast shattered the windows of vehicles parked several metres away, and the bang reverberated as far as the ITO crossing, several kilometres from the site. A high alert was declared across the capital and neighbouring states as police intensified vehicle checks at city borders.
Police said that the car, in which the blast took place, had three occupants, adding that they are also probing if it was a suicide bomber attack.
"The blast occurred in a moving Hyundai i20 car in which three people were sitting. We have not found any pellet or puncture in the body of the injured, which is unusual in a blast. We are investigating all angles," said a senior police officer.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah, who visited the blast site and also met the victims at the LNJP Hospital, spoke to the Delhi police chief and the director of the Intelligence Bureau to take stock of the situation.
Delhi Blast: Car Owner Arrested
The Delhi Police detained car owner Mohd. Salman late in the evening and questioned him about the vehicle, the officer said, adding that he sold it to a person in Okhla namely Devendra one-and-a-half years ago.
Later, the vehicle was sold to someone in Ambala and it was again sold to a man named Tariq in Pulwama, the officer said.
.png)
2 hours ago
20






English (US) ·